Grand Junction: Agriculture
Agriculture is still the heart of the Grand Valley. The Grand Valley offers everything from ranching in high country to the orchards of Fruita. Recently, the Grand Valley has been developing a reputation for grapes and wineries. If you have an site related to or farming, please feel free to add a link.
- TEAM - The Electronic Auction Market (www.teamauctionsales.com)
TEAM - The Electronic Auction Market is an online, interactive marketplace that brings cattle buyers and sellers together through the power of the Internet. TEAM is a real-time cattle auction with multiple sales weekly.
- Tomorrow Hill Farm B and B (tomorrowhillfarm.com)
Information on the Tomorrow Hill Farm project.
- Department of Agriculture (www.colorado.gov)
The Colorado department of argiculture has info of interest to rural communities that includes: West Nile Virus, drought, business and employment info.
- Tri River Area Colorado State University Cooperative Extension (www.coopext.colostate.edu)
This CSU extension service has information on horticulture in the Tri River Area (Mesa, Delta, Montrose, & Ouray Counties)
- Colorado Farm Bureau (www.colofb.com)
The Colorado Farm Bureau is an independent voluntary organization committed to addressing the challenges faced by argriculture in Colorado.
- Colorado Agricultural Statistics Service (www.nass.usda.gov)
Part of the USDA, prepares and provides statistics on Colorado agriculture.
- Apple Journal-- Colorado Orchards (www.applejournal.com)
Lists some of the apple orchards growing on Colorado's west slope.
- Cross Orchards Historic Site (www.museumofwesternco.com)
Costumed interpreters at the Museum?s Cross Orchards Historic Site offer you opportunity to step back in time and imagine what it was like to live as a Grand Valley pioneer in the early 1900s.
- Irrigation Providers of the Grand Valley (www.irrigationprovidersgv.org)
The Irrigation Providers of the Grand Valley focus their efforts on keeping our yards and crops healthy during the watering season.
- C & R Farms (candrfarms.com)
C & R Farms is a family owned fruit farm nestled below the Grand Mesa near the quiet town of Palisade on the Western Slope of Colorado.
- Rancho Durazno (www.ranchodurazno.com)
Rancho Durazno (Cameron Place) is a peach farm near Palisade.
- High Country Orchards (www.highcountryorchards.com) - review
High Country Orchards in Palisade offers free tours along with peaches, cherries, apricots and preserves.
- The Lavender Association of Western Colorado (www.coloradolavender.org) - review
The Lavender Association promotes lavender as a cash crop for Western Colorado Farmers.
- Palisade International Honeybee Festival (palisadehoneybeefest.org)
A celebration of honey bees.
- Tractor Supply (*)
Tractor Supply at 2449 Highway 6 & 50 carries the equipment, clothing, tools and supplies for your farm, ranch, animals and western lifestyle.
- Bookcliff Gardens (www.bookcliffgardens.com) - review
The Bookcliff Garden Center offers landscaping along with products and services for the yard.
Category Hits 8452
*I have affiliate arrangements with sites marked with asterisks.